Jun 19, 2011

"He never had much sense."

I don't really know why I'm making a post about this fanfic rather than writing a review or journal about my holiday in Queensland. I even just got back from a one-night camp where I had the worst sleep ever because of the cold, and I'm now up at 2AM! However, I do have a decent amount to write about later on what I've been doing during the past week, and I don't have any art porgrams (aside from Paint) to use so I can crop and resize photos (I went absolutely photo crazy over this one plant/tree called 'Black Boys' I saw at the bush/farm we went camping at).

Anyway, here's the summary of the fanfic I wish to share, as well as a link to the fanfic itself:

Everyone's heard of Dedalus Diggle's display of shooting stars in Kent. What most people don't know is why he did it.


It's a very short oneshot that says a lot about Dedalus as a character, instead of that offhand comment McGonagall made during the first chapter of Philosopher's Stone.

'I heard it. Flocks of owls… shooting stars… Well, they're not completely stupid. They were bound to notice something. Shooting stars down in Kent — I'll bet that was Dedalus Diggle. He never had much sense.'

I'm probably a total sap for liking this so much, but it was really well thought out. Dedalus Diggle is just that character you read about once or twice in the actual Harry Potter books and never think twice about.

No comments:

Post a Comment